We’ve already discussed some of the potential downsides to the upcoming square between Jupiter in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces in Part 1 of this series, but now I would like to shift the focus over to its potential benefits. Before I proceed though, it’s important to mention this square isn’t operating in a vacuum; it has the benefit of being connected to the equally powerful and grounding influence of Saturn in Capricorn c/o Saturn’s ongoing sextile with Neptune. This is a MAJOR plus, as neither Jupiter nor Neptune prefer being earthbound. Good old reliable Saturn keepin’ it real over in Capricorn is holding the fort down; making sure we get/keep it together whilst Jupiter and Neptune square off. The old Zen proverb “Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood carry water” seems particularly apropos when considering the effects of this trifecta, as Saturn has much to do with Work and both Jupiter and Neptune are highly spiritual energies. To stay grounded during this square, we must roll up our sleeves and keep doing the mundane things that keep us firmly moored when we might otherwise float away. Further, the spiritual purpose behind any epiphany experienced during this square may entail taking this newly enlightened state and applying it in real-world ways; vision and imagination function best – even if divinely inspired – when we humbly set about to use them to practical effect. Our responsibilities also do not simply vanish just because our philosophy about life, the universe, or our spirituality has altered – work is the constant; all else is variable.
With the broader contextual understanding of the how the square between Jupiter in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces is actually subject to the influence of a 3rd planet, let’s get into some of the upsides of this energy now:
1) If you need a big miracle, pray – nothing brings out the beneficent side of Divinity like aspects between Jupiter and Neptune! But in the spirit of also honoring Saturn, do The Work as well – show The Universe you have something substantial to offer in terms of your willingness to meet it halfway in manifesting a Neptune miracle.
2) This square can take us places beyond our wildest dreams; literally in terms of global travel or figuratively in terms of Journeys of the Spirit. For this to go well, heed Saturn – plan. Have an experienced and reputable guide. Be prepared and know what to be careful of; do *not* just wing it & hope all will go well during this square! Also, re: Journeys of the Spirit, I expect ayahuasca retreats and the like to be huge during this square but I would generally advise against mixing travel & substances because hallucinogen-addled tourists = easy pickings. On a related note, ever watch an episode of “Locked Up Abroad” where unwitting tourists get used as drug mules and are sent to prison, LOL? Besides, sobriety is a functional baseline level from which to operate with Saturn parked in Capricorn, which helps to keep Neptune’s penchant for altered states of consciousness in check.
3) If you need to secure a grant or scholarship to help with your tuition, this square could provide opportunities *provided* you’re also willing to put in the effort and honor Saturn. Bust your butt to get good grades and look for other opportunities to exemplify distinguished academic leadership, because without Saturn this square can also burst bubbles and create huge disappointments re: tertiary education if we haven’t laid foundational groundwork. Don’t slack, and don’t be overly idealistic regarding the university experience.
4) Intuition is amped up by this square and prophetic tendencies proliferate. It may be tricky to sort truth from self-deception, however – self-honesty is crucial re: any kind of psychic impression or divination, and checking our projections that may be based on exaggerated hopes or fears gives us the wisdom to sort Truth from Fiction. Acknowledgement of this reality makes us less susceptible to misinterpreting. And when in doubt, wait it out; learn from experience when intuition has spoken true vs. when it has been colored by our bias.
5) Our spirituality is increased by this square – we’re likely to yearn for connection with something greater than ourselves and long to believe that Divinity has our Highest Good in mind (and it always does!). This square can expand our perception of how “God/Goddess/The Universe works in mysterious ways” and augment our connection to the unseen world of Spirit where Divinity, our Spirit Guides, and/or Guardian Angels work behind the scenes. But this square can also generate uncertainty about our spiritual Path, or might have us placing our faith in false gurus/prophets. (Good) Judgement is frequently eclipsed by this square; making it tricky to pierce the veil of the idealized narrative we’ve told ourselves that actually obscures greater spiritual Truths. The potential gullibility or suggestiblilty of this square benefits from a dash of Saturnine skepticism and pragmatism. Test theories and subject beliefs to healthy scrutiny to see if they’re functional and useful. Don’t automatically accept everything as gospel, and be aware of the reality of your own & others’ biases.
6) There’s a generosity of spirit conveyed by the square between Jupiter in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces that’s great for boosting charitable inclinations and altruistic concern for broader social causes. The poor, ill, and helpless benefit from this vibe and we’re compelled to do more to help the needy or meek. That said, this energy can also bring out a scammy, unscrupulous side to humanity where people lie to obtain a benefit – “Trust but verify” is a perfect mantra for this square so that we’re able to do the most good for those who truly need it most. Again, Saturn is our friend here, helping us to assure we’re placing our faith in the right causes and people by asking us to hold up a minute and check credentials.
7) This square idealizes justice and will sacrifice much for “what’s right”; calling to mind the image of the civil rights movement and those who give their all on moral principle. The inclination is to promote a utopian vision of some kind and lift all of humanity up. This isn’t a bad thing provided we’re not confusing a personal truth for a Universal Truth, because morality is something entirely subjective and it’s entirely possible to delude ourselves into painting with a very broad brush in a way that doesn’t respect others’ Truths under this square. Respect and boundaries – Saturn – help prevent a well-intentioned belief from becoming some kind of delusional dogma/propaganda we seek to blanket the world in. We should also be aware that on the flip side, this square has the equal capacity to constitute miscarriages of justice where the Truth and what’s Right & Good is skewed; especially due political flimflam. It’s very troubling indeed when political propaganda seeks to paint those asking for accountability in government as liars (See: The current situation here in the USA). Jupiter in Sagittarius can be quite the propagandist and highly prejudiced to boot, while Lo-Fi Neptune can be super slimy in Pisces – if one is looking to spread a warped ideology with lies and spin, this certainly has the capacity to interfere with justice being served. Big issues may get obfuscated with massive smokescreen operations; don’t be deceived and continue to keep the pressure on and demand Saturnine accountability; falling back on the Hi-Fi potential of this energy to sacrifice all for the Truth and what we believe in. Don’t believe those who insist that you “Look the other way; nothing to see here” – see through their *coughbullshitcough* attempted Jedi mind tricks, because they *are* the droids you are looking for!