One of the more difficult facets, I think, of being a Venus/Pluto native has to be the fact that there are so many layers to our love nature. A person or relationship that once suited us during a particular point in our emotional/psychological/spiritual development will often need to be molted over the course of our lives as our level of self-awareness intensifies and we gain insight into the very core of our love nature. As this happens, it can frequently mean that we have to let go of others, as love and loss are intrinsically linked with this pairing. This is the “curse” of Plutonic self-awareness, and even as we gain inner illumination it can make relationships incredibly difficult at times…especially when they have grown stagnant.
It is always sad whenever we love someone and they can’t or don’t want to develop a deeper connection, or practice the same level of insight into their inner workings to heal dysfunctional patterns of relating. But the only one we ever have control over is ourselves, and so we must honor where a loved one is at even as we grieve having to leave them behind while we move forward alone. Such is life with Pluto; its journeys often require isolation as we descend to the deepest reaches of our soul in order to heal and transform.
When the alternative means staying stuck in a non-functional union, it is so important to realize when we have indeed reached a relationship’s “expiration date”. Some simply don’t want to immerse themselves into a deeper level of relating and deal with all the intricacies this entails. Some are uncomfortable with the self-awareness that makes true intimacy possible in a relationship, because this would mean having to look at their shadow. Not everyone necessarily has the stomach for this, and this is something I’ve historically had a very difficult time relating to/accepting on a personal level – if there has been one constant in my life (a laughable concept if you only knew my history or my chart, LOL) it has been an unquenchable thirst to try and better myself and to transform all the psychological lead that I started out with in life into gold. Plutonians are all alchemists at their core, after all – this is the magick we possess. We’re happy to share it with you, but you have to be willing and able to get down to our level and become similarly enriched by all the psychological uncovering that happens during the process of relating.
We are only as beautiful as we are in our ugliest moments.
The true measure of beauty is nothing external; it is something found deep within our core and is determined by how gracefully and lovingly we handle ourselves when in the midst of messy, screwed-up scenarios where it would otherwise be all too easy to revert to a more base level of operating. Can we override our more dysfunctional responses and connect with the love in our hearts by displaying softness and kindness in these kinds of situations? Will we bring Beauty to bear when faced with The Beast? This is the mark of true loveliness on a soul-level – everything else is superficial.
Proof that Pluto does indeed have a heart! Image comes courtesy of the New Horizons Spacecraft @ NASA, which made a close approach to Pluto on 7/14/2015.
Well this news certainly comes as no surprise to any Venus/Pluto native, LOL!
The high-functioning Venus/Pluto heart beats powerfully – its love goes deeper than even the most yawning of subterranean chasms. For it has been consecrated many times over by offerings made upon on a funeral pyre; these dying rites serving to transform the love nature into a truly supernatural force. The Venusian Phoenix has made multiple journeys within to illuminate and vanquish its relationship demons, these acts serving to consecrate a heart that may have previously resided in the shadow of ignorance, or that might have even committed a multitude of sins. Venus/Pluto love swallows you whole with its intensity – it will drag you through the territory of obsession and compulsion, force you to get “down in it”, suck you into the undertow of dysfunction…until you arrive at the threshold where decide you’ve had enough loss and strip it all away to look at the darkness found reflected back to you in the mirror of Another. It is there that you will unearth a treasure trove of insight about the very nature of love itself that will lead you out The Other Side; what it is, what it isn’t, and also how it can be damaged, renewed, or uncovered.
(Hint: it is always found within!)
I have also found, through my own journeys with Venus/Pluto, there is something to the concept of a graceful exit; being able to let go kindly when the time has come. To be fair and loving when you know in your soul that a relationship has hit a point of no return so you both might let go and find love again. Many times when a relationship meets an end, instead of blessing and releasing it can be all too easy to blight. We cannot truly let go if we still hold onto things like anger, bitterness, resentment, or other sundry negative emotion, and I believe the prominent heart-shaped stamp on Pluto’s face can serve as a reminder that even in death it is all about love.
A half-humorous, quick-and-dirty way of determining whether or not you have this energy signature present in your chart – how many of these themes can YOU resonate with, huh?
- You have at least one ex-friend/ex-partner who turned stalker on you at some point. Double bonus points awarded if you can claim both, LOL.
- The words “It’s complicated” could probably best sum up your love life at any given point in time.
- You describe yourself as a staunchly loyal ally – if you manage to make an enemy out of the loved one of someone with Venus/Pluto, for all intents and purposes you should probably consider yourself dead to the Venus/Pluto individual as well.
- You’ve had at least one significant relationship that you would classify as “pretty screwed up”. On the plus side, though, going through relationship hell can give a deep level of insight that heals dysfunctional patterns of relating – especially as it relates to self-worth.
- Affinity and animosity do seem intrinsically tied to one another with this pairing, and sometimes the line between the two is very thin. Some who initially found themselves put-off by your energy (for whatever reason) may one day turn around and become your closest allies, while those you once held an alliance with may at some point come to develop enmity for you. Love can easily turn to hate or vice versa with this pairing – whether this is within the context of close personal friendships, romantic unions, or a business partnership – and people may seem polarized as to whether they adore or detest you.
- You’ve ever bonded with someone else over your mutual dislike for another person, LOL.
- You’re inclined to intimidate would-be suitors who might be inclined to describe you as “pretty, but a little bitchy”.
- Intimacy is a must for you in your closest associations – cut the superficial B.S., cause we’re goin’ in DEEP! For you, loving someone means you can bare it all – the good, the bad, and the ugly – and trust them to keep your secrets.
- Each major relationship has in some way significantly transformed how you love.
So how did you do? Are any of these past or current themes in your life? If so, you just might have some Venus/Pluto in you! 😉